Monday, October 15, 2012

Country's Hottest Music Festival?


A couple weeks ago Stagecoach Music Festival launched their line up for the 2013 year.  After the much anticipated release, many fans were less than enthused to see a mediocre list of performers in comparison to last years stars.  In addition to a less than appealing array of performers the fans also found out that the rules and regulations had completely changed.  Not only were the people supposed to pay about a hundred dollars more but if they wanted to camp in the grounds to enjoy the country music with all their friends and family they have to be owners of an RV!  Attendees must also pay $800 dollars for a space for that RV and only guests with a campground wristband are able to walk the camp areas.  I understand the need for extra rules considering the crazy sold out show this past year.  However, what has many people in shock is the RV situation.  In this economy who can honestly afford a motor home let alone the price to park it for the weekend at Stagecoach!  One fan wrote their concerns on their Facebook page and the owner and facilitator replied back with, "This is just how it has to be."  Well, this new rule will have the festival barren next year.  Not many people will be able to afford or simply don't have the RV to purchase these tickets.

Moving on from the rules, the line up this year only features a few shining stars such as: Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band, and Lonestar.  This is spanning over a three day weekend and prices are about $100 more than last year when there was an all star line up that had the festival sold out within the first few weeks for the first time ever!  Now I have been to many great country concerts this year as seen above when I witnessed two of country music's finest artists, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney, but I always look forward to the Stagecoach Festival.  This year, however, I have not come to the conclusion whether I will attend.  What do you think of the new rules and the line up this year?  Will you be going?


3 comments:

  1. Hello Kimberly. I agree with the fans on not being able to afford all of those expenses just to see s Festival is outrageous. Many people just want to geo enjoy the festival and not go completely broke. Have you considered looking at the people who are setting up the festival from the fans point of view? The people who are setting up the expenses may want to fans to be secure with the wristbands and keep people who did not pay out. You might consider tweaking how much of an effect the festival can have if people do not show up because of the expenses. Perhaps you can expand this in broader capacity to further address the effects the festival could face. I enjoyed reading all of your post the past few weeks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimberly, I totally understand where your coming from as a consumer. We always want the fairest price or deal if we can get it but then again I also don't mind paying for quality if its up to par. One thing that stood out to me was the fact the the overall prices for this event for drastically changed and I'm sure that shocked many regular fans and attendees of the festival. I always try to remove myself from any situation and evaluate both sides of the spectrum before forming my final opinion. So I was thinking that maybe some of the changes the festival organizer have changed are also costing to to use more of their operating cost to put on the festival and be sure it runs smoothly. As a entrepreneur I understand the need to raise prices whenever one feels it is necessary in order to make a profit. What I don't agree with is the fact the the line up of performers is what seems to be mediocre. Any time a company raises prices on a product or service I feel the the value should of the product or service should also increase. In this case the festival may actually have less of a turn out from fans because they feel the performers are not worth the outrageous prices. I don't own or a R.V so that already counts me out and If I did I'm certain that I wouldn't pay $800.00 just to park the thing and enjoy myself. So at the end of the day I don't agree with the price change if the quality of the new line up does not compare to the price. Thanks for the great post and keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete